Monday 5 October 2009

Get the look...

How to get the Rachel Zoe look

Hair: Cut and color by Byron Williams at Byron Studio on Robertson Boulevard

Makeup: Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier Pencil in Tanzania and Gold Coast Bronzing Powder, both at Sephora stores

Jeans: Rock & Republic — cut off at the ankle, size 25

Jewelry: Anything gold from Kaviar and Kind on Sunset Boulevard, preferably layered pieces, but "keep only one item big"

Undergarments: Go braless

Exercise: None

Food: "The Stress Diet" ("If my life would settle down, I think I could put on some weight," Zoe says).

Shoes: Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Gucci and Balenciaga. No flats.

For dressing up: Anything Grecian and 1970s looking, preferably vintage Halston or YSL. Nothing above the knees ("I've got chicken knees," she says).







What’s in current rotation on your iPod?
I don’t listen to an iPod. I listen to Satellite Radio - classic rock from the ‘70s.

That’s all I listen to. What are you reading right now?
Honestly, magazines. French Vogue and everything else right now. I never have time to read a real book, only magazines.

Are there any more left-of-center magazines that you like?
I love Another Magazine, Numero, Jalouse. If that’s left-of-center...I think that’s left-of-center.

If you found $15,000 in a brown paper bag, how would you spend it?
$15,000? Wow. Aside from charity? You want a material answer?
No, any answer you want, it doesn’t have to be a material answer.
I would probably give $5,000 to Orphan Aid Africa, $5,000 to Ovarian Cancer and $5,000 to Pediatric AIDS. How’s that?

Who do you think is the most underrated designer, living or dead?
Hmm. Underrated designer living or dead? [Long pause.] That’s tricky. I would say...Stavropolis. I own 10 amazing dresses from Stavropolis from the 70s/80s.

What’s your favorite getaway spot?
St. Barth’s. It’s paradise to me. It’s heaven. It’s where I feel the most relaxed and all I do is sleep.

How do you recover from fashion season?
I never recover. I don’t have another break til Christmas. There’s no recovery time in my life (laughs).

No comments:

Post a Comment